You can make 2 types of vehicle registration checks online. A free check covers basic information, including the registration expiry date, who the Compulsory Third Party insurer is and when the policy expiry date is. For a fee, you can also find out additional information, such as if the vehicle has been written off.Check online
- Click the 'Check online' button.
- Enter the vehicle's NSW registration number without spaces or dots.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- View registration report.
- Print if required.
- Tick the box to get the history report.
- Check the vehicle is correct by comparing the last four digits of the VIN/Chassis number (find this information on registration papers or on vehicle).
- Enter payment details.
- Confirm to proceed.
- Your vehicle history report will appear on screen when the payment is processed.
- Print, save or email your report.
The check can only be conducted on vehicles registered in NSW.
A free check includes:
- the registration expiry date
- whether the registration is suspended or cancelled
- any registration restrictions
- any registration concessions (additional transfer costs may apply), and
- the Compulsory Third Party insurer and policy expiry date.
A paid check includes all of the above, plus a vehicle history report that includes whether the vehicle has been written off.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime ServicesCheck online
This information is being collected by Roads and Maritime Services for the purpose of processing your request to obtain vehicle history information.
Service NSW does not collect or maintain any personal information in relation to this transaction.
For further information on how Roads and Maritime handles your personal information please visit Roads and MaritimeCheck online
- Cash (in Australian currency)
- Cheque (Personal, Bank or Agency drawn)
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club International* or American Express*)
- Debit card (MasterCard, Visa or EFTPOS)
- Money orders
For transactions that can be completed online, you can only pay by credit card, except for some transactions where BPAY is accepted.
Please note, a surcharge may be applied if you choose to pay by credit card.
Unfortunately, the following payment types are unavailable in service centres:
- Credit card (Diners Club International)
- Traveller's cheques (in Australian currency and all other international currencies)
* Unfortunately, some websites and locations may not accept American Express or Diners Club International.