You can make two types of vehicle registration checks online. A free check covers basic information, including the Registration expiry date, who the Compulsory Third Party insurer is and when the policy expiry date is. For a charge, you can also find out additional information, such as if the vehicle has been written off.Check online
- Click the 'Check online' button
- Enter the vehicle's NSW registration number without spaces or dots
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- View registration report
- Print if required
- Tick the box to get the history report
- Check the vehicle is correct by comparing the last four digits of the VIN/Chassis number (find this information on registration papers or on vehicle)
- Enter payment details
- Confirm to proceed
- Your vehicle history report will appear on screen when the payment is processed
- Print, save or email your report
- The check can only be conducted on vehicles registered in NSW
- A free check includes:
- The Registration expiry date, and if the registration is suspended or cancelled
- Any registration restrictions
- Any registration concessions (additional transfer costs may apply)
- The Compulsory Third Party insurer and policy expiry date
- A paid check includes all of the above plus a vehicle history report that includes:
- Has the vehicle been written off?
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.Check online
- Cash (in Australian currency)
- Cheque (Personal, Bank or Agency drawn)
- Credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club International* or American Express*)
- Debit card (MasterCard, Visa or EFTPOS)
- Money orders
For transactions that can be completed online, you can only pay by credit card, except for some transactions where BPAY is accepted.
Please note, a surcharge may be applied if you choose to pay by credit card.
Unfortunately, the following payment types are unavailable in service centres:
- Credit card (Diners Club International)
- Traveller's cheques (in Australian currency and all other international currencies)
* Unfortunately, some websites and locations may not accept American Express or Diners Club International.