Service NSW is collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Grant. The personal information contained in your application is collected and held by Service NSW (McKell Building, 2-4 Rawson Pl, Haymarket NSW 2000).
Service NSW gives priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the following purposes:
- Processing your application and determining your eligibility for the COVID-19 Business Grant. This will include collection of information such as your name, date of birth, contact details (address, email and phone number), proof of identity information, and Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Providing you with further information about the COVID-19 Business Grant and, if you consent, follow-up support for this and other NSW COVID-19 business support programs.
- Establishing or maintaining records in your MyServiceNSW Account and MyServiceNSW Business Profile.
- Other directly related purposes.
Service NSW may use your personal information to:
- verify the information you provide in support of your application with a public/private authority. For example, this may include providing your ABN to Revenue NSW to obtain information regarding whether your business is registered for payroll tax.
- contact you about your application, including to confirm the information in your application or to request additional information, or to discuss the outcome of your application.
- contact you to invite participation in an evaluation of the COVID-19 Business Grant (participation in evaluation activities is voluntary) to ensure that the delivery of services remain customer focused.
- assess your eligibility for other state and commonwealth government financial support programs.
- collect, maintain and use information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of our interactions with you
- identify other Service NSW administered grants, vouchers or rebates for which you may be eligible, or to identify other products and services that may be relevant to you.
Service NSW may disclose the information in your application to:
- Revenue NSW, including your ABN, to obtain and verify information regarding whether your business is registered for payroll tax. Service NSW may also disclose your information to Revenue NSW if Service NSW reasonably suspects that the conditions for payment of the COVID-19 Business Grant have been contravened, in order to take the necessary action so that the payment may be recovered.
- to public entities (including the Document Verification Service) in order to verify the information you provide in support of your application or request additional information.
- NSW Treasury for assessment and review of your application and for the purpose of administering, reporting and evaluating the COVID-19 Business Grant Scheme.
- NSW Police, if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud.
- the Australian Taxation Office to request additional information or to conduct auditing and compliance to confirm that the relevant eligibility criteria and terms and conditions have been met.
- Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes in accordance with the Data Sharing (Government Sector) Act 2015. This may include sharing certain information to NSW Treasury and/or the Department of Customer Service for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that NSW Treasury can analyse and report on the COVID-19 Business Grant Scheme. Any report or publications on the evaluation of the COVID-19 Business Grant Scheme will not identify any individual that has registered or participated in the COVID-19 Business Grant Scheme.
Service NSW will only collect such information that is reasonably necessary to provide the required services and assistance. Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
Service NSW will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy notice, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless Service NSW is required, or authorised, by law to do so. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory or regulatory bodies, or as required by law.
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse. Physical measures, such as building and equipment security, are used in conjunction with digital technology, such as data encryption and firewalls, to minimise unauthorised access to information.
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
For further details about how Service NSW collects and manages personal information, how you can access and correct it, raise concerns about an alleged breach of privacy law or other relevant legislation, or to make a privacy complaint, please visit Service NSW Privacy.
Department of Customer Service
(on behalf of Service NSW)
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 13 77 88