Under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992, Australian Government agencies are required to ensure that information and services are provided in a non-discriminatory and accessible manner.
Government websites are expected to conform to Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0 AA) as a requirement of the Web Accessibility National Transition Strategy – PDF and the Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard.
Service NSW strives to create inclusive website experiences. Our aim is to provide equal access to information for all our customers, regardless of their ability or environment.
Accessible web development and content
- our website design is responsive and adjusts to fit the most popular devices' screen display sizes
- we use correctly structured semantic HTML
- we include Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) roles for screen readers
- our search and navigation options are keyboard accessible and available on every page
- our forms are keyboard accessible and feature labels for screen readers
- we use alternative text for images
- the text size on each page is adjustable via a browser or keyboard
- our content makes use of simple paragraphs and lists for enhanced readability
our buttons are clearly labelled.
Contact us if you need help
If you’re experiencing difficulty accessing any information or service provided by Service NSW, please get in touch with us and we'll assist you. You can: