Service NSW and Revenue NSW (part of the Department of Customer Service) are delivering the Alfresco Restart Rebate Program (‘the Program’). Service NSW and Revenue NSW are collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility for the Program and for related purposes. The personal information collected is held by Service NSW (McKell Building, 2–24 Rawson Pl, Haymarket NSW 2000).
Service NSW and Revenue NSW give priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the NSW Privacy Laws including the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
Types of information we collect
We may collect your personal information, including:
- name, date of birth, contact details (address, email and phone number), proof of identity information and Australian Business Number (ABN).
We may ask you to provide additional supporting documentation, including further information about your business and business activities. The information you provide may contain personal information.
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law – it's voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
Purpose of collecting your information
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- processing your application and determining your eligibility for the Program
- providing you with further information about or support for the Program
- contacting you about your application, including to confirm the information in your application or to request additional information, or to discuss the outcome of your application
- establishing or maintaining records in your MyServiceNSW Account and MyServiceNSW Business Profile
- verifying the information you provide in support of your application with a public/private authority
- conducting auditing, investigation and compliance activities to assess whether eligibility criteria and Terms and Conditions have been and are being met, to investigate any allegations of fraud and to assess the financial integrity of the Program
- other directly related purposes.
We may also collect aggregated and de-identified information (information that does not identify you personally) for analytical and reporting purposes.
Using and sharing your information
Your personal information will be used for the purposes for which it was collected or a directly related purpose. It may also be used and disclosed where we are authorised or required to do so by law.
Service NSW and Revenue NSW may disclose your personal information to:
- each other as part of the Program, including in order to facilitate assessment of your application and eligibility, for administration of the Program, for auditing or investigation purposes or, if Service NSW or Revenue NSW reasonably suspect that the Terms and Conditions for payment of the rebate have been contravened, in order to take the necessary action so that the payment may be recovered
- public/private entities (including the Document Verification Service) in order to verify the information you provide in support of your application or to request additional information
- Transport for NSW, Place Management NSW and NSW Treasury for the purpose of reporting on and evaluating the Program
- NSW Police, Australian Federal Police or other state or territory police service as appropriate if Service NSW or Revenue NSW suspect a case of fraud or other criminal activity
- the Australian Tax Office (ATO) if Service NSW or Revenue NSW reasonably suspect a case of fraud, other criminal activity or any type of unsatisfactory professional conduct or if Service NSW or Revenue NSW have conducted an investigation in response to information provided by the ATO and are sharing the results of that investigation with the ATO
- the Australian Transactions Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) if Service NSW or Revenue NSW reasonably suspect a case of fraud or other financial crime, or if Service NSW or Revenue NSW have conducted an investigation in response to information provided by AUSTRAC and are sharing the results of that investigation with AUSTRAC
- any regulatory, professional or industry body if Service NSW or Revenue NSW reasonably suspect a case of unsatisfactory professional conduct or any other type of misconduct, including, but not limited to:
- the Tax Practitioners Board
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- the Law Society of NSW.
We collect, maintain and use information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of interacting with you. Service NSW may use your information to identify other Service NSW administered grants, vouchers or rebates for which you may be eligible, or to identify other products and services that may be relevant to you. All reporting will be de-identified and will not contain any personally identifiable information.
Service NSW does not require you to disclose your tax file number for the purposes of the Program. If you submit information that includes your tax file number, for example, an Australian income tax return, you should redact your tax file number where possible. In the event that you are not able to redact your tax file number, we will not make use of that tax file number for any purpose and will take reasonable security measures to protect your tax file number from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse.
Protecting your information
We will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse.
Accessing your information
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
For further details about how Service NSW collects and manages personal information, how you can access and correct it, to raise concerns about an alleged breach of privacy law or other relevant legislation, or to make a privacy complaint, please visit Service NSW Privacy statement.
2–24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2000
GPO Box 4042
Sydney NSW 2001