Vehicle registrations, licences and number plates

  • Registration and licensing concessions and refunds will be offered to customers if their vehicle or other relevant documentation have been lost, damaged or destroyed during the NSW bush fires.
  • Replacement cards (Driver's Licences, NSW Photo Cards or MPS cards) because your card has been lost or damaged during bush fires. Please note that NSW Photo Cards are mailed out to customers generally within five business days. Driver's Licence holders will receive a receipt which will act as a temporary licence for a period of 30 days until the Photo Card arrives in the post.
  • For number plates lost or destroyed as a result of the bush fires, customers must provide a completed Number Plate Form – PDF to service centres to re-apply for plates and are eligible for:
    • a waiver of 6 months waiting period for the issue of replacement plates with the same content
    • re-issue, remake and hold fees are also waived
    • no police event number is required if applying for a re-issue or remake of number plates.

For more information, visit the Natural disasters and emergencies - customer assistance policy at the Roads and Maritime Services website.

Birth, Marriage or Change of Name certificates

Birth, Marriage or Change of Name Certificates that have been destroyed due to the bush fires can be reissued at no charge. An application form for the issue of Birth, Marriage and Replacement Change of Name Certificates will need to be sent into a disaster recovery centre to support your application.


The $40.00 tag security deposit/s on an RMS E-Toll tag will be waived if your tag has been lost, damaged or destroyed during the recent NSW bush fires.

Home Building Cards

We offer free replacement of Home Building cards for any cards lost in the bush fires. To apply for a replacement card please use the Application for a Duplicate Licence, Certificate or Permit – PDF and note on the form that the reason for replacement is that it was lost in the bush fires. Also provide the home address if it is different to your nominated address.

For further assistance visit your nearest service centre or call 13 77 88


Service NSW is supporting the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery. To donate, please call 1800 811 700 or make a donation online.

Your donation enables Red Cross to help affected communities to recover from emergencies and provides stocks of critical disaster response equipment including water filtration, shelter, hygiene and cooking kits for use in emergencies.

General Advice

For the latest information related to current NSW bush fires, continue to monitor your local radio stations or go to:


Need help?

In an emergency, call Triple Zero (000).