COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. Read about the COVID-19 assistance available for NSW residents and businesses. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. Call 13 77 88 for assistance or visit COVID-19.

Text size

Traffic and road closures

Rail closures

Vehicle registrations and licences

Registration and licensing concessions and refunds will be offered to customers if their vehicle or other relevant documentation has been lost, damaged or destroyed during a natural disaster.

For more information, visit Transport for NSW.

Note: You can download the Service NSW app to access your NSW Digital Driver Licence. The digital driver licence is legal for use across NSW at no additional cost.

Number plates

To reapply for number plates that have been lost or destroyed as a result of a natural disaster, you must provide a completed Number Plate Form – PDF at a Service NSW Centre. If applicable, number plate reissue, remake or hold fees may be waived.

For more information, visit Transport for NSW.


The $40 tag security deposit on an E-Toll tag will be waived if your tag has been lost, damaged or destroyed during a natural disaster.

Vessel registrations, boat and PWC licences

Replacement licences and registration certificates will be provided at no cost.

PWC licence holders will need to supply 2 new passport-sized photos and complete the Application for a Personal Watercraft Driving Licence – PDF before the licence can be re-issued.

Requests for replacements of other licences and registrations can be made at a Service NSW Centre or by: 

Note: For requests by email or mail, the replacement will be sent to the address shown on the licence or registration. If you want it sent to a different address, you'll need to make your request by phone, or at a Service NSW Centre.

If your vessel has been destroyed in a natural disaster, you're entitled to a refund of any remaining funds on the vessel registration.

If you can, supply a copy of the insurance claim deeming the vessel a total loss, or a statutory declaration with details of the circumstances. If you're not able to supply either of these documents, complete the Request for Refund (Maritime) – PDF.

Note: Attach a photo of the destroyed vessel (if possible). In the space under 'Other Maritime Refunds', clearly state that the vessel was destroyed by a natural disaster and include the address where the vessel was destroyed, if it is not your normal address.

Motor vehicle stamp duty and fines

If your motor vehicle was written off in a declared natural disaster, you may be able to get a refund on any motor vehicle duty paid on a replacement vehicle.

Revenue NSW may also:

  • give you more time to lodge any documents or returns
  • defer enforcing any fines against you
  • extend your payment deadlines
  • agree not to charge you interest
  • arrange for you to pay any debts in instalments.

For more information, visit Natural disaster relief – Revenue NSW