COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size

Fair Trading – Cancellations and refunds

If you've been impacted by the fires, visit Fair Trading to learn about your obligations to customers regarding cancellations and refunds.

Free tax and legal advice

The University of NSW Tax Clinic is offering bushfire-affected businesses free, independent and confidential tax advice. They have outreach locations across Sydney and also offer phone appointments depending on your circumstances and location. For further assistance call (02) 9385 8041.


  • If you need guidance or information with regards to insurance claims, call the Insurance Council of Australia’s hotline on 1800 734 621.
  • Small Business Commissioner – a guide to getting through the claims process so you get your claim paid quickly and smoothly.
  • IAG has an online bushfire response hub that outlines information about how to make a claim, rebuilding after bushfire and extra help for customers.


  • If you can’t resolve a problem during an insurance claim process, you can make a complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), or call them on 1800 931 678. They are helping small businesses directly affected by the bushfires.
  • State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) is working with NSW workers compensation insurers. If you have raised an issue with your insurer and are dissatisfied with the outcome or decision, you can contact SIRA's Customer Service team on 13 10 50 or email

Insurance matters

The Independent Review Office will help you if you're a worker and unable to resolve an issue with your insurer. Call them on 13 94 76, or email

Road closure notices

Notices for state-owned road closures during the NSW bushfires (from August 2019 to January 2020) are available on the Transport for NSW website. These notices may be useful for lodging insurance claims. For closures of council-owned roads, please contact your local council.

NSW Business Chamber

The NSW Business Chamber is offering employment law assistance to bushfire-affected employers. Call the Workplace Advice Line on 13 29 59

Small Business Commissioner

The Small Business Commission's Mediation Services team offers mediation, along with negotiation and procedural advice, to assist in the resolution of small business and retail lease disputes.

They mediate for issues including:

  • providing assistance to landlords and tenants of shops and restaurants, industrial or commercial premises
  • resolving disputes between small businesses, Government agencies and local government
  • managing disagreements between contractors and subcontractors
  • franchise disputes
  • unfair contracts
  • debt recovery and unpaid invoices.

Training disruptions

If your operations have had to stop or have been reduced as a result of the bushfires, Training Services NSW can help you work through the process of suspending contractual obligations with your apprentices and trainees. Call them on 13 28 11.