COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size

Fair Trading

Free replacement of the following licences, permits or certificates that have been destroyed or lost during the bushfires:

  • home building: contractor, qualified supervisor, tradesperson
  • property and real estate
  • motor vehicle dealer or repairers
  • pawnbrokers and second-hand dealers
  • tattoo parlour or tattooist
  • owner-builder
  • tow truck.

To apply for a replacement card use the Application for a Duplicate Licence, Certificate or Permit – PDF, and note on the form that the reason for the card replacement is that it was lost in the bushfires. Also provide the home address if it is different to your nominated address.

Free Owner-Builder Permit where you opt to rebuild or repair your home damaged or destroyed by a bushfire (all other standard requirements and associated development approvals apply).

For further assistance, visit your nearest Service NSW Centre or call 13 77 88.

Liquor & Gaming NSW, support for bushfire-impacted licensees

Liquor & Gaming NSW is providing the following support to licensees who have been affected by the bushfires:

  • extra assistance for liquor licence applications

  • temporary relocation of liquor licences to other premises

  • replacement copies of destroyed licences

  • replacement signage cost waivers or reductions

  • financial hardship provisions for annual liquor licence fees

  • gaming machine tax deferral.

If you have lost your physical competency card, download a digital version. Licensees can also find basic details of their licence, including licence number and conditions, at the online register.

To find out what you may be eligible to apply for, email Liquor & Gaming NSW at with details of your situation. Include ‘Bushfires’ in the subject line.

If your licensed premises is unable to trade for more than 6 weeks, please notify Liquor & Gaming by logging into the Liquor Licence Manager tool.

SafeWork NSW

Free replacement of the following licences, permits and certificates that have been destroyed or lost during the bushfires: 

  • white card
  • high risk work licence
  • explosives licence
  • asbestos and demolition licence
  • plant registrations
  • traffic control licence.

To arrange a replacement, call 13 10 50.