The following appointments are now conducted over the phone:
Eyesight tests for online licence renewals
If you're a driver aged 45 years and over with class C, C/R, R, LR or LR/R, your eyesight test may be deferred automatically. This means you can renew your licence online.
- Transport for NSW will let you know if your eyesight test has been deferred.
- You’ll then need to complete a test at a Service NSW Centre (or an optometrist if you prefer), within 6 months.
- If you do not take the eyesight test within the required time your licence may be suspended.
Driver Knowledge Tests (DKTs)
We are recommencing our free interpreter service in Service Centres where we are able to safely adhere to social distancing. To book an interpreter test please check with your local centre or call us on 13 22 13.
Currently the DKT can be undertaken in English, Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Greek, Korean, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese.
Get started making a Will
Licence application and renewal fee waivers
As part of the NSW government's stimulus package, waivers are being applied to many licence applications and renewals.
Fair Trading licences
- Apply for a tradesperson certificate
- Renew a tradesperson certificate
- Apply for a tattooist licence
- Renew a tattooist licence
- Apply for a tattoo parlour operator licence
- Renew a tattoo parlour operator licence
- Apply for a motor vehicle tradesperson certificate
- Renew a motor vehicle tradesperson certificate
- Apply for a motor vehicle repairer licence
- Renew a motor vehicle repairer licence
- Apply for a qualified supervisor certificate
- Renew a qualified supervisor certificate
- Apply for an individual contractor licence
- Renew an individual contractor licence
- Apply for a partnership contractor licence
- Renew a partnership contractor licence
- Apply for a company contractor licence
- Renew a company contractor licence
- Apply for a paintball venue permit
- Renew a paintball venue permit
- Apply for a small bar licence
- Apply for an on-premises licence (cafe or restaurant)
- Apply for a hotel liquor licence
- Apply for an on-premises licence
- Apply for a club liquor licence
- Pay an annual liquor licence fee
- Apply for a packaged liquor licence
- Apply for a high risk work licence
- Apply for an asbestos assessor licence
- Apply for, or renew a demolition licence
Working With Children Checks (WWCCs)
The Children’s Guardian has extended all WWCC clearances that were due to expire between 26 March 2020 and 26 September 2020 for a further 6 months.
The 6-month period applies from the date of your current expiry date. Further extensions may be applied if they're needed.