© State of New South Wales (Service NSW) 2016
The State of New South Wales, acting through Service NSW, supports and encourages the reuse of its publicly funded information.
Unless otherwise stated, all Service NSW material on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence, except as noted below. For the terms and conditions of this licence, visit Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.
We request attribution as © State of New South Wales (Service NSW) 2016
Material not licensed under the Creative Commons licence
The following material available from this website is not licensed under the Creative Commons licence:
- The State’s Coat of Arms and any other symbols, logos or trademarks of the State of NSW or any Department or agency of the State (unless incidentally reproduced in using an unaltered document under the Creative Commons licence).
- Service NSW brand logos and trademarks, including the NSW Waratah and the names “Service NSW” and “MyServiceNSW”.
- Any third party material, unless expressly stated to be published under the Creative Commons licence.
- Any photography, illustrations, animations and sound files used by Service NSW.
Enquiries relating to Crown copyright or use of NSW State Arms, Symbols or Emblems (other than as permitted by the Creative Commons licence) should be addressed to the Privacy Officer, Governance and Risk, by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- post to:
Governance and Risk
GPO Box 7057
Sydney NSW 2001
Links to the Service NSW website
If you plan to create a link to this website, please note these conditions:
- Links to the Service NSW website (www.service.nsw.gov.au) must be to the homepage or other high level page. Linking other pages may pose some risk, as the page to which you link may move or become unavailable.
- Logos, emblems and trademarks of the NSW Government and/or Department of Customer Service and its cluster agencies must not be used for web linking purposes (see our Copyright statement above).
- The Service NSW website should be opened in a new window and not within a frame of your own branding.
- You must not use the link to provide, or in any way imply, endorsement of your organisation, services or products by the NSW Government and/or the Department of Customer Service and its cluster agencies.
- You must not pass oﬀ content from this website as your own. This includes copying or re-using parts of the website (see our Copyright statement above).
The NSW Government is committed to enhancing the public availability, dissemination and exchange of information. As a NSW government agency, Service NSW has established this website to enable you to quickly and easily access information on the internet in relation to topics of relevance to New South Wales and its residents.
Quality of information
The Service NSW website is made up of, for the most part, hypertext links to other internet sites which contain information collated and presented by government agencies, third-party organisations and individuals.
This website is presented by Service NSW for the purpose of disseminating information free-of-charge for the benefit of the public.
Information on this website is provided as general information only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from a qualified professional.
Users of this website should use their own skill and judgment in using information on this website and carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of such information. Users should take steps to independently verify the information on this website and, where appropriate, seek professional advice.
If there is any material that you consider to be misleading or inaccurate, please let us know so that it may be corrected if necessary.
Users should be aware that the internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from the website may be intercepted or altered in transit, including through the use of viruses. Service NSW does not guarantee the security of this website or that all material available on this website is free from viruses. Users are advised to exercise care and discretion in the information they choose to make available on or through this website and to take adequate precautions to protect against viruses that may interfere with or damage your technical devices, hardware, software or data.
Links to external sites
This website contains links to other websites. These links have been included on this website with the intention of increasing the information available to you. If you use these links, you may leave this website. Service NSW has no control over linked websites, and as a result:
- we make no guarantees in relation to the security of linked websites and do not accept liability in relation to security issues arising should you choose to visit those websites
- we do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur if you rely on information which appears on linked websites
- we are not responsible for the views, opinions, standards or information expressed on linked websites. The provision of a link does not imply that Service NSW endorses those websites or the people or companies who own them, and vice versa.
The providers of the linked websites often have their own applicable terms of service, protocols and standards in relation to their websites and the information which appears on them. Users of the linked websites should familiarise themselves with those terms of service, protocols and standards.
- does not warrant or accept any liability in relation to the quality, operability or accuracy of the information accessed on and through this website
- does not accept any legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on this website or on any linked website
- does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense whether direct, indirect consequential or special, incurred by, or arising by reason of, any person using or relying on the materials which appear on or are accessed through this website and whether caused by reason of any error, omission or misrepresentation in the material or otherwise
- does not warrant that the material accessed on or through this website is free of computer viruses or other contamination
- does not warrant that any third party material on external linked websites does not infringe third party intellectual property rights.
This website has been designed and made available to make it easier for you to find government information and services. However, the Service NSW website is not intended to be, and should not be relied upon as, the ultimate and complete source of information on any particular topic.
Bearing in mind the importance of freedom of expression to our democratic society, Service NSW does not endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information expressed at the linked websites. Similarly, you should not interpret the absence of a link from the Service NSW website to any particular third-party website as a criticism or comment by Service NSW on the provider or content of that website.
The links which appear on the Service NSW website have been set up as an information source only and with the Service NSW desire to promote multiculturalism, tolerance and diversity in our society in mind. As such, you should appreciate that despite the efforts of Service NSW to review and assess the suitability of the linked websites, some material which appears at those websites may cause offence or upset to some users. Service NSW regrets any such offence or upset caused.
Third party intellectual property
This website contains third party material and provides access to third party material which may or may not be identified. Wherever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material and you should contact that party directly.
You must check and comply with the licensing information for each item of material that you wish to use. This may require you to contact the relevant agency to confirm whether the material is licensed pursuant to a Creative Commons licence or the third party copyright owner for permission to use the material.
Images of people now deceased
Service NSW is aware that many Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders are offended by the depiction of deceased members of their communities. While we have made every effort to ensure that only pictures of Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders still living are used on this website, visitors to the website are warned that it may contain images of people now deceased. Please let us know if you know of the death of any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person depicted on this website.