Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the purposes of:
- processing your application for a NSW COVID border entry permit (Entry Permit)
- contacting you, or any other public/private authority (e.g. your employer), to request/verify/confirm the information you have provided in support of your application, as may be necessary to process your application, and subject to applicable law
- communicating with you about your Entry Permit and providing you with further information and guidance about the operation of the Entry Permit
- sharing information about your Entry Permit application with various other government agencies, including interstate and Commonwealth government agencies, such as the NSW Ministry of Health and NSW Police for the purpose of administering your permit or the exercise of law enforcement functions relating to your permit
- other directly related purposes.
To perform this service, Service NSW may collect personal and health information that includes:
- full name
- date of birth
- email address
- phone number
- exemption category (your reason for travelling)
- situation (which may include current health status)
- intended address in New South Wales.
Service NSW is collecting your personal and health information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the NSW Privacy Laws: Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
In accordance with Clause 23 of the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order (No 4) 2020 Service NSW has been directed to collect the above personal and health information from you in order to be able to issue you with a NSW border entry permit. If the information (or any part of it) is not provided, Service NSW will be unable to process your application.
Service NSW will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy statement, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless Service NSW is required, or authorised, by law to do so.
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. Your personal information will be held and disposed of securely at:
Level 20, 2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW, 2000.