Service NSW in partnership with NSW Treasury are collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility to apply for the Export Assistance Grant.
Service NSW and NSW Treasury give priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the NSW Privacy Laws: Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the purposes of:
- Processing and determining eligibility for the Export Assistance Grant. This may include disclosing your application, and any other additional information you provide, to NSW Treasury for assessment and review.
- Contacting you, or any other public/private authority, to request/verify/confirm the information you provide in support of your application, as may be necessary to process your application, and subject to applicable law.
- Contacting you to discuss your application and the outcome of your application; including information and guidance, and to invite participation in an evaluation of the Export Assistance Grant (participation in evaluation activities is voluntary) to ensure that the delivery of services remain client-focused.
- Responding to complaints and enquiries in relation to Export Assistance Grant, including disclosure to NSW Treasury and relevant authorities.
- Providing you with further information and guidance about the Export Assistance Grant.
- Conducting auditing and compliance activities to confirm that the relevant eligibility criteria and terms and conditions have been met and to ensure the financial integrity of the Export Assistance Grant. This may involve sharing information with NSW Treasury, or other public/private organisations, for example, NSW Police or Australian Tax Office, or their delegated agent for this purpose.
- Verification of evidence of identity documents with the Document Verification Service.
- Other directly related purposes.
Service NSW will process/collect data for the Export Assistance Grant about:
- names of individuals who applied for the Export Assistance Grant
- the company who applied for the Export Assistance Grant.
Service NSW will only collect such information that is reasonably necessary to verify the identity of applicants and deliver and evaluate the Export Assistance Grant. To verify the identity of applicants the following personal information may be collected, including name, date of birth, contact details such as email and phone number, drivers licence details and Medicare card details.
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
Service NSW will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy notice, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless Service NSW is required, or authorised, by law to do so. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory or regulatory bodies, or as required by law.
Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes. This may include sharing certain information to NSW Treasury for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that NSW Treasury can analyse and report for auditing purposes on the Export Assistance Grant. Any report or publications on the evaluation of Export Assistance Grant will not identify any individual that has participated in Export Assistance Grant as an applicant.
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse.
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
For further details about how Service NSW collects and manages personal information, how you can access and correct it, raise concerns about an alleged breach of privacy law or other relevant legislation, or to make a privacy complaint, please visit Service NSW Privacy.
Department of Customer Service
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 13 77 88