If you need support now
Call Lifeline on 13 11 14. They’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also access Lifeline services online.
Understanding your options for care
- Understanding palliative care at the Department of Health
- End of life care options at My Aged Care
- Find palliative care health professionals at Palliative Care Australia.
Coping with your diagnosis
Payments for people living with an illness, injury or disability at the Department of Human Services
Essential Medical Equipment Payment at the Department of Human Services
Life Support Energy Rebate at Service NSW
Aged care costs at MyAgedCare.
Check if you have any of the following:
Check if you can access your super early at the Australian Taxation Office.
If you're a veteran
You may be eligible for an Income Support Payment from the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Healthcare and medicine costs
- What's covered by Medicare at the Department of Human Services
- Bulk billing at the Department of Human Services
- Medicare Safety Net at the Department of Human Services
- Help with medicine costs at the Department of Human Services.
Equipment and aids
- Check if you can get help with aids or equipment at EnableNSW Healthshare.
Managing your money
Talk to your doctor
For information and support options, talk to your doctor or health care provider.
Mental and emotional support
- Get help and support at BeyondBlue
- Get help and support at Lifeline Australia
- Find a social worker through the Department of Human Services.
Help at home
- Find out if you can access meal deliveries through Meals on Wheels.
Support for carers
We are currently testing this website - leave us feedback