Seeing a doctor
- For information about your health, talk to your doctor or other health professional
- See information about managing chronic illness at the Department of Human Services
If you need support now
Call Lifeline on 13 11 14. They’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also access Lifeline services online.
Leave and notice
- Paid sick leave at FairWork Ombudsman
- Long periods of sick leave at FairWork Ombudsman
- Notice and medical certificates at FairWork Ombudsman
Flexible working arrangements
- Information about flexible work arrangements in returning to work at FairWork Ombudsman
- Your rights at work at Safework NSW
Payments for people living with an illness, injury or disability at the Department of Human Services
Essential medical equipment payment at the Department of Human Services
Check if you can get:
Early Access to your Super at Department of Human Services
Early access to your super due to temporary or permanent incapacity at the Australian Taxation Office.
Income protection at ASIC's MoneySmart.
If you're a veteran
You may be eligible for an Income Support Payment from the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Healthcare and medicine costs
- What's covered by Medicare at the Department of Human Services
- Medicare Safety Net at the Department of Human Services
- Help with Medicine costs at the Department of Human Services
Equipment and aids
- Check if you can get help with aids or equipment at EnableNSW Healthshare.
Managing your money
- Financial information service at the Department of Human Services
- Budget Planner at ASIC's MoneySmart
Managing your symptoms
- Managing chronic pain at Pain Australia
Preparing your home
- How to prepare your home if you have a serious illness at Carer Gateway
- Planning an accessible trip at the NSW Department of Transport
If you have been diagnosed with cancer
You can find useful information at the Cancer Institute NSW.
If your illness is life limiting
Find out what to do if you've been diagnosed with a life limiting illness
Help at home
Mental and emotional support
- Help and support at BeyondBlue
- Help and support at Lifeline
- Information about living with a chronic illness at Reachout Australia
Support for carers
We are currently testing this website - leave us feedback