Service NSW news articles and media releases are point-in-time statements. Please note the date of issue.
At the request of the NSW Government, major telecommunications providers including Telstra, Optus and Vodafone have committed to providing unlimited access to emergency service websites for customers in bushfire-affected areas.
It comes after a large number of customers have reported receiving notifications they are approaching their mobile data limits due to increased internet usage.
The critical sites customers will not incur costs for accessing include:
- ABC News (www.abc.net.au)
- ACT Emergency Services Agency (www.esa.act.gov.au)
- Australian Red Cross (www.redcross.org.au)
- Bureau of Meteorology (www.bom.gov.au)
- Emergency WA (www.emergency.wa.gov.au)
- Federal Government Disaster Assistance (www.disasterassist.gov.au)
- NSW Office of Emergency Management (www.emergency.nsw.gov.au)
- NSW Rural Fire Service (www.rfs.nsw.gov.au)
- NT Police, Fire & Emergency Services (www.pfes.nt.gov.au)
- QLD Rural Fire Service (www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au)
- SA Country Fire Service (www.cfs.sa.gov.au)
- Tasmanian Fire Service (www.fire.tas.gov.au)
- Triple Zero (www.triplezero.gov.au)
- Vic Emergency (www.emergency.vic.gov.au)
- Victorian Country Fire Authority (www.cfa.vic.gov.au)
- WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (www.dfes.wa.gov.au)