Service NSW news articles and media releases are point-in-time statements. Please note the date of issue.
You never know what’s in store for 2019 but there’s one thing you can trust, Service NSW is making it easier for customers to transact with the NSW Government. Getting your motor vehicle registered is no exception.
Our partners at Roads and Maritime Services send a paper renewal notice in the mail six weeks before your registration is due. Always make sure your residential address is up to date with Roads and Maritime to make sure it arrives at the right place, at the right time.
Service NSW has made it easy to check your car rego and complete the transaction online.
If you’re curious about when your registration is due, you can check it out right now and put in your diary. There’s a free, easy to access registration check for everybody. You don’t need a MyServiceNSW account. You can find it here.
Have you downloaded the new Service NSW mobile app? Log in with your MyServiceNSW account and you can check your vehicle rego within a couple of taps of your phone!
We often get calls from people who can’t find their registration paperwork. That’s okay too. When you log onto service.nsw.gov.au to complete the transaction, there’s an option to use your registration plate number to get your billing number. The rest is easy to do online if you have your CTP Green Slip and any necessary vehicle checks.
It is important to remember registered vehicle operators are required to notify Roads and Maritime of any change of address within 14 days. This can be done online through the Service NSW website.
- Roads and Maritime sends paper renewal notices six weeks before the rego is due so make sure your address is up to date. If you’re not sure, call 13 77 88.
- Look out for your registration renewal in the mail about six weeks before the due date.
- Get a MyServiceNSW account and follow the steps to link it to Roads and Maritime.
- Opt in to get a two week reminder in the MyServiceNSW account settings.
- You can check the status of a registration any time for free right here: