Service NSW and Regional NSW are collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility for the NSW Mouse Control Program – Rebate (Household/Small Business) ('the Program').
Service NSW and Regional NSW give priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the NSW Privacy Laws: Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the purposes of:
- Processing and determining your eligibility for the Program. This may include disclosing your application, and any other additional information you provide, to Regional NSW for assessment and review.
- Contacting you, or any other public/private authority, to verify or confirm the information you provide in your application, as may be necessary to approve and process your application, or to request additional information or clarification about your application or eligibility for the Program and subject to applicable law. This may include verification of evidence of your identity documents with the Document Verification Service.
- Contacting you to discuss your application and the outcome of your application.
- Service NSW and or Regional NSW may contact you for the purposes of administering, reporting and evaluating the Program.
- We may invite you to participate in an evaluation of the Program (participation in evaluation activities is voluntary) to ensure that the delivery of services remain client focused.
- Responding to complaints and enquiries in relation to the Program.
- Providing you with further information about the Program.
- Conducting auditing and compliance activities, on and from the time of application, to confirm that the relevant eligibility criteria and terms and conditions have been met and to ensure the financial integrity of the Program. This may involve sharing information with, and requesting additional information from, other public/private organisations, including but not limited to:
- Regional NSW
- NSW Police
- Australian Tax Office
- Revenue NSW.
- Other directly related purposes.
Service NSW will only collect such information that is reasonably necessary to provide the required services and assistance. To verify the identity of applicants, the following personal information may be collected, including name, date of birth, contact details such as email and phone number, driver’s licence and Medicare card details. In order to process your rebate, we will also collect your bank account details.
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
Service NSW may use your personal information to:
- collect, maintain and use information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of our interactions with you
- identify other Service NSW administered grants, vouchers or rebates for which you may be eligible, or to identify other products and services that may be relevant to you.
Service NSW will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy notice, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless Service NSW is required, or authorised, by law to do so. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory or regulatory bodies, or as required by law.
Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes. This may include sharing certain information to Regional NSW for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that Regional NSW can analyse and report for auditing purposes on Program. Any report or publications on the evaluation of the Program will not identify any individual that has registered or participated in the Program.
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse. Physical measures, such as building and equipment security, are used in conjunction with digital technology, such as data encryption and firewalls, to prevent unauthorised access to information or disclosure of information.
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
For further details about how Service NSW collects and manages personal information, how you can access and correct it, raise concerns about an alleged breach of privacy law or other relevant legislation, or to make a privacy complaint, please visit Service NSW Privacy.
Department of Customer Service
(on behalf of Service NSW)
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 13 77 88