The Department of Enterprise, Investment and Trade (DEIT) was established on 1 April 2022 to drive the NSW Government’s commitment to economic transformation.
DEIT propels the delivery of investment, business, lifestyle, entertainment and cultural opportunities by:
- attracting and supporting future-focused industries such as the clean economy, digital technology, modern manufacturing, medtech, agribusiness, visitor economy and international education, defence and aerospace
- creating active and culturally rich communities across NSW, with access to local sporting programs and facilities and world-class cultural institutions.
- ensuring a dynamic, fun, safe and responsible hospitality and racing industry and vibrant 24-hour cities
- building an economic powerhouse in the Western Parkland City, creating jobs and opportunities for future generations
- catalysing research and development, commercialisation and entrepreneurship through strong partnerships with business and research communities.