Parents NSW Vouchers support accommodation, entertainment and recreation providers in NSW impacted by COVID-19.
If your business is registered to accept Stay NSW Vouchers or Discover NSW Vouchers:
- you do not need to register your business to accept Parents NSW Vouchers
- you can automatically accept and redeem Parents NSW Vouchers using the Service NSW for Business app
you have the option not to accept Parents NSW Vouchers.
Eligible providers in NSW can register for voucher programs now.
Registration is now open to eligible accommodation, entertainment and recreation providers.
Method of registration
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can register your business online for:
- Stay NSW – accommodation businesses must be physically located in NSW to be eligible
- Dine & Discover NSW – Discover businesses only may accept Parents NSW Vouchers.
You do not need to register to accept Parents NSW Vouchers if your business is already registered for Stay NSW or Discover NSW.
When vouchers can be used
Vouchers can be redeemed 7 days a week, including public holidays.
Eligible and ineligible voucher activities
Parents NSW Vouchers can be used at participating Discover NSW and Stay NSW businesses only.
Your business can accept vouchers:
- in the same transaction up to $250 in total
- from multiple people, such as 2 adults combining their vouchers towards one purchase (up to $250 in total)
- together with other discounts at the discretion of the business.
Your business has the option to not accept Parents NSW Vouchers.
Vouchers cannot be:
- used more than once (if the bill is less than the voucher amount, the remaining balance is given up and cannot be used)
- redeemed for cash, gift vouchers or credit notes
- used together with other Discover NSW Vouchers or Stay NSW Vouchers
- used after the expiry date
- used for:
- food or drinks
- Dine NSW experiences
- Spa services
- Airbnb, online accommodation booking platforms and travel agents
- businesses that provide adult entertainment.
Find out more about accepting vouchers at your business if you have registered for:
When businesses will be paid
There is a one-off validation of your account which may take up to 10 business days.
After that, you'll receive payments into your nominated bank account within 5 business days after redeeming the vouchers.
You can keep track of voucher payments to your business in your Service NSW Business Profile.
Only the person who registered on behalf of your business will be able to access this information.
GST and tax
Vouchers are included in assessable income and you’ll need to report GST on the total amount of voucher payments you receive.
Visit the ATO website for full details on government grants and payments during COVID-19.