Service NSW and the Department of Education are delivering the Back to School NSW Vouchers program (the Program) on behalf of the NSW Government. Service NSW is collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility to participate in the Program, to facilitate your participation in the Program and for related purposes.
Service NSW gives priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Why are we collecting your personal information?
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the purposes of:
- processing your application and determining your eligibility to participate in the Program
- providing you with further information about the Program
- contacting you, or another person or entity, to request/verify/confirm the information you provide in support of your application, as may be necessary to process your application, and subject to applicable law
- contacting you to communicate about your application or participation in the Program
- responding to and communicating about complaints and enquiries in relation to the Program
- including information about your business on the Business and Voucher Finder tool
- conducting auditing, investigation and compliance activities to assess whether the eligibility criteria and Terms and Conditions have been and are being met, to investigate any allegations of fraud or failure to comply with Terms and Conditions and to assess the financial integrity of the Program
- creating a MyServiceNSW Business Profile for you if you do not already have one (see more information about the Business Profile)
- establishing or maintaining records in your MyServiceNSW Account and MyServiceNSW Business Profile
- other directly related purposes.
We may also collect aggregated and de-identified information (information that does not identify you personally) for analytical and reporting purposes.
What personal information do we collect?
Service NSW may collect the following personal information:
- date of birth
- contact details such as email address, phone number and residential address
- identity document details such as driver licence and Medicare card
- business name, address and phone number
- business website
- Australian Business Number and/or Australian Company Number
- proof of authority for an authorised representative to act on behalf of a business (if applicable)
- business banking details (including bank account name, BSB and account number).
We may also ask you to provide additional information or documentation about your business activities that may include personal information.
How will we use and disclose this information?
Your personal information will be used for the purposes for which it was collected or a directly related purpose. It may also be used and disclosed where we are authorised or required to do so by law.
Service NSW may disclose your personal information to:
- NSW Department of Education for research and statistical purposes or for the purpose of auditing and compliance activities
- public/private entities (including the Document Verification Service) in order to verify the information you provide in support of your application or to request additional information
- NSW Police, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) or other law enforcement agencies, if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud or other criminal activity
- NSW Treasury or the Department of Customer Service (including Revenue NSW) for the purpose of auditing, compliance and/or debt recovery
- the ATO to share the results of an investigation where Service NSW has conducted an investigation in response to information provided by the ATO
- the Australian Transactions Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC), if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud or other financial crime, or has conducted an investigation in response to information provided by AUSTRAC and is sharing the results of that investigation with AUSTRAC
- any relevant regulatory, professional or industry body if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of unsatisfactory professional conduct or any other type of misconduct, including, but not limited to:
- the Tax Practitioners Board
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- the Law Society of NSW.
Service NSW may also:
- publish your business information, including business name, address, contact details and website on the Business and Voucher Finder tool, on the Service NSW website
- share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes in accordance with the Data Sharing (Government Sector) Act 2015.
Service NSW collects, maintains and uses information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of interacting with you. Service NSW will not disclose your personal information to anyone else unless you provide your consent, or we are required or authorised to do so by law.
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse. Service NSW will save your application as you go. If you do not complete the application, Service NSW will delete any information collected in partially completed applications after seven days.
Are you required by law to provide us with this information?
Service NSW will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to facilitate your participation in the Program or for related purposes. Providing us with the requested information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
How can you access and update your information?
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
Please see our privacy statement for more information about how Service NSW handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored, and to contact us. Service NSW is located at 2–24 Rawson Place Sydney NSW 2000.