Once approved, you’ll be able to accept and redeem Stay NSW Vouchers using the Service NSW for Business app.
Businesses registered for Stay NSW Vouchers can also accept Parents NSW Vouchers.
Eligible accommodation providers in NSW can register now.
Eligible accommodation businesses physically located in NSW can register to accept Stay NSW vouchers.
To register, you must:
- be authorised to act on behalf of the business – listed as an associate or contact on the Australian Business Register
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) that is registered for GST – ensure your details are correct on the Australian Business Register before registering
- comply with the current public health order and latest COVID safety guidelines for your industry.
Information needed for registration
Registration is now open to eligible accommodation providers.
How to register
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can register a business online.
Accountants applying on behalf of businesses
A qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent may register on behalf of your business.
Your accountant will need to provide a letter of authority from you to show that they are authorised to act on behalf of your business if they're not listed as an associate or contact on the Australian Business Register.
Registering more than one business
If you have more than one business, you can register each one separately.
If your business has more than one location under the same business name and ABN, you can add other locations in your Service NSW Business Profile after you have successfully registered.
You'll receive instant confirmation that your registration has been received. We'll let you know if additional information is needed to support your application.
It may take up to 5 business days for Service NSW to review your registration.
Date vouchers will be available
Vouchers can be redeemed 7 days a week, including public holidays.
How to scan the vouchers
To accept vouchers, use the Service NSW for Business app on your connected device to scan the digital or printed QR code. You can also manually enter the unique voucher code.
You can also integrate the Service NSW API with your online booking engine so customers can book, pay for and redeem their accommodation voucher directly on your website.
- Businesses can accept vouchers for the cost of the room booking only.
- Businesses can accept a voucher for a booking that takes place after the voucher expires, as long as the voucher is redeemed before the voucher expiry date.
- The vouchers cannot be redeemed for any other products or services.
Vouchers will be in the form of a QR code. Each voucher will have a unique code.
Your customers may present a voucher to you:
- on their mobile device as a digital voucher within the Service NSW app
- as a printed voucher with a QR code and unique voucher code
- as a PDF with a QR code and unique voucher code
- as an SMS with a unique code
- by telling you the unique voucher code.
How to check if a voucher is valid
The Service NSW for Business app will only accept vouchers that are valid.
Accepting more than one voucher for the same bill
Multiple customers can use their Stay NSW Vouchers towards the same booking.
Customers can use some or all of their Parents NSW Vouchers towards the same booking (up to the value of $250).
Customers cannot combine their Stay NSW Vouchers and Parents NSW Vouchers together.
If a customer's bill is less than the voucher amount, the customer does not receive the leftover amount, nor does your business.
For example, if a customer spends $20 and uses a $25 voucher to pay, only $20 can be redeemed against the voucher. The remaining $5 is given up by both your business and the customer.
Businesses cannot offer cash, a gift voucher or a credit note in exchange for a Stay NSW Voucher or a Parents NSW Voucher.
When businesses will be paid
There is a one-off validation of your account which may take up to 10 business days.
After that, you'll receive payments into your nominated bank account within 5 business days after redeeming the vouchers.
You can keep track of voucher payments to your business in your Service NSW Business Profile.
Only the person who registered on behalf of your business will be able to access this information.
GST and tax
Vouchers are included in assessable income and you’ll need to report GST on the total amount of voucher payments you receive.
Visit the ATO website for full details on government grants and payments during COVID-19.