With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size

Australian Red Cross

The Red Cross expanded its financial assistance for people who lost their homes in the bushfires, to help ensure they had somewhere safe to stay over winter.

Recovery is a long term process, and the Red Cross is committed to staying with bushfire-hit communities for as long as it takes. They urge people who lost their homes to come forward and seek the assistance.

COVID-19 information

If you need help applying and/or uploading documents, and you're unable to get to friends and family due to social distancing restrictions, call 1800 733 276.


Anglicare is providing assistance to bushfire-impacted communities through emergency housing, homelessness support and food relief. If you've been affected by the bushfire crisis call 1800 875 153 or 6152 8444.

Anglicare locations fall with 3 Anglican dioceses: 

  • Canberra/Goulburn
  • Riverina
  • Bathurst.

Ask Izzy

Ask Izzy helps you find services you need, now and nearby. It is free and anonymous, and there are over 360,000 services you can search.

If you’re on the Telstra mobile network, you can access Ask Izzy even if you don’t have credit.


BlazeAid is a volunteer-based organisation and works with families and individuals in rural communities who are in genuine need of volunteer assistance. They help clear, repair or replace fences that have been damaged or destroyed in natural disasters such as bushfires.

BlazeAid volunteers set up a basecamp and work in a disaster-affected area for many months, not only helping individuals and families, but also helping rebuild the local communities.

If there is not a camp near you, contact your local council.

Dress for Success

Dress for Success is sending out bushfire relief packages to women who are in need of clothing. The packs are tailored to each individual with correct sizing, work type, individual needs and lifestyle requirements.

You can email info@dfssydney.org to arrange a pack.

Financial Rights Legal Centre

The Financial Rights Legal Centre is a community legal centre offering advice and support for people in financial distress. Their Bushfires Insurance Guide – PDF provides advice for those living in bushfire-prone areas.

Hearing Australia

Hearing Australia buses are visiting bushfire-impacted areas to help clients who may be in need of replacement hearing aids, or batteries. You can also call them on 1800 826 500 for assistance.

National Debt Helpline

The National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service that helps people tackle their debt problems. If you're in financial difficulty as a result of the fires, visit Bushfires – Financial Difficulty or call 1800 007 007 for free support.

NSW Land Registry

NSW Land Registry Services (NSW LRS) is a private company that operates the land titles registry on behalf of the NSW Government. They are providing title searches and plan images of properties free of charge, for landholders who have been impacted by the bushfires.

Property searches and plans can assist landholders with insurance claims and development applications to council, as well as provide peace of mind regarding land ownership.

Call the NSW LRS on 1300 396 076 (regional callers) or 8776 3575 to talk to a team member.

Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is working with federal, state and local government, as well as community organisations to best meet the needs of people impacted by the 2019–2020 bushfires.

They are providing emotional support and referrals, and the following financial assistance.

  • Hardship recovery grant – assistance to individuals and families experiencing ongoing extreme hardship as a result of the bushfire disaster.
  • Loss of residence grant – assistance to individuals and families in bushfire impacted areas whose primary place of residence (owned or leased) has been destroyed or rendered uninhabitable due to the 2019–2020 bushfires.

The grants are limited to one grant per household, and are available to eligible applicants over the age of 18, who:

  • suffered loss from the 2019–2020 bushfires
  • lived or worked in a bushfire affected area at the time of the fires.

To apply for a grant, or if you have further questions, call 1300 662 217 or email sal.disasters@salvationarmy.org.au.

St Vincent de Paul

If you've suffered property loss or damage as a result of the fires, or you require other support, you can apply for assistance online. VInnies will contact you as soon as they can.

To find out about all emergency assistance Vinnies is providing, visit their Disaster Recovery Assistance page or call 13 18 12.