Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

If your agricultural vehicle doesn't comply with mass, dimension or operating requirements set out in a gazette notice – PDF, you can apply for a Class 1 agricultural vehicle access permit through the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) for: 

  • travel within New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria
  • cross-border travel, except Western Australia and Northern Territory. 

For travel within the Northern Territory, Queensland or Western Australia, you'll need to apply directly to the relevant state or territory road transport authority

For the most up-to-date information on how to apply for an agricultural vehicle access permit, visit the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website. 

You'll be taken to another website.