If you're wanting to apply for a restricted game hunting licence (R-licence), you'll first need to undertake the R-licence accreditation course. The accreditation exam consists of an open-book test based on the NSW Hunter Education Handbook. You must achieve 100% in the test to qualify for accreditation.Download PDF form
Apply to be restricted game hunting (R-licence) accredited
- The Department of Primary Industries Game Licensing Unit will pass on your contact details to the Hunter LEAP provider closest to your preferred location.
- You'll receive a copy of the Hunter Education Handbook, a question booklet and a blank answer sheet when you sit the R-licence open-book accreditation test. You can refer to the Hunter Education Handbook for help as you complete the test.
- The first 20 questions are compulsory and relate to ethical, responsible, and safe hunting practices.
- There are then 10 questions for each category you can seek accreditation for (firearms, dogs, bows, and blackpowder firearms). If you'll only ever hunt using firearms for example, you don't need to do the 30 questions relating to the other three categories. The Game Licensing Unit however, recommends that you complete accreditation for all or most categories when you sit the test, as there's a fee to add these categories at a later date.
- You must achieve 100% on the test to qualify for the accreditation.
- If you answer a question incorrectly, your Hunter LEAP volunteer will ask you to review the incorrect answer.
- If you'll need help in reading and/or understanding the Hunter Education Handbook, assessment questions and other important information, contact the Game Licensing Unit on (02) 9842 8351 before attempting the test.