If your company wants to buy, sell, exchange or dispose of businesses or professional practices (including part interest, goodwill and stocks in the business), you'll need to apply for a business agent's licence. You can apply for this licence online.

What you'll need

  • corporation's details
  • business name registration from ASIC (if applicable)
  • details of director(s)/secretary
  • copies of directors' identity documents (such as driver's licence, photo card, passport)
  • someone who'll be named as the licensee-in-charge of the business who already has a business agent's licence
  • evidence of professional indemnity insurance
  • Notification of partnership particulars form – PDF (if applicable)
  • Licensee-in-Charge Details – PDF (if applicable)
  • interstate licence if operating within 50 kms outside NSW borders (if applicable).

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Download, print and complete any applicable forms.
  3. Accept the Terms and Conditions.
  4. Select 'Start'.
  5. Sign in to, or create your OneGov account.
  6. Complete the online form.
  7. Attach all relevant documentation.
  8. Submit your application.

If you don't wish to apply online:

  1. Complete the Property, stock and business agents: application for a licence (corporation) – PDF.
  2. Make sure you've attached all the required documents and filled in the payment details.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

Who's eligible?

  • To be eligible, you must be a corporation and employ someone who holds a current business agent's licence.
  • If your corporation has more than one place of business, each place must have its own licensee-in-charge.
  • The licensee-in-charge must have successfully completed the business agent's licence course – CPP40507 Certificate IV in Property Services (Business Broking).
You'll be taken to another website.