If you’re operating a company, trust, partnership or other organisation, you can apply for a business Tax File Number online.
If you’re an individual or sole trader, you need to Apply for an individual Tax File Number instead.
You can apply for a business Tax File Number at the same time as an Australian Business Number (ABN) application, or at a later stage.
To apply, you’ll need to provide your:
- tax agent registration number (if applicable)
- Australian Company Number (ACN) or Australian Registered Body Number (if applicable)
- business and postal address details
- authorised contact details
- associates’ details, including name, date of birth and tax file number, and
- business activity details.
To learn more about applying for a business Tax File Number, visit the Australian Business Register website.Apply online