Any bodies corporate that would like accreditation with the Building Professionals Board will need to lodge an Application for Body Corporate Accreditation form. You can lodge the completed form via post.
- any bodies corporate that have at least one director who is an accredited Certifier and have as directors or employ at least 2 other persons who are accredited Certifiers.
What you need
- a completed Application for Body Corporate Accreditation form
- the company name and trading name
- the Australian Business Number (ABN) and/or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- the business address
- the directors' contact details
- the accreditation details of all accredited directors
- details of any previous accreditation in NSW or another state or territory
- the personally signed or initialled accreditation details of at least 2 accredited employees, if relevant
- a list of all directors and persons employed in the body corporate that are concerned in the management of the organisation (other than directors who are accredited Certifiers)
- an Organisational Chart or similar document of the body corporate
- a completed Fit and Proper Person Declaration – Managers of Body Corporate form for each person concerned in the management of the body corporate (other than directors who are accredited Certifiers)
- the name and details of the Professional Indemnity Insurer and a copy of the certificate of currency or the insurance contract
- witnessed signatures of each accredited Certifier director of the body corporate, and
- witnessed signature of an officer of the body corporate who is authorised to sign and seal (if required).
How to apply
- Download, print and complete the Application for Body Corporate Accreditation – PDF form, or the Fit and Proper Person Declaration – Managers of Body Corporate – PDF form.
- Attach your supporting documentation and then mail your application to:
Building Professionals Board
PO Box 3720
Parramatta NSW 2124
- each page, and the bottom of any attached additional pages, needs to be signed and dated by each director of the body corporate who is an accredited Certifier, or
- the original of the application must be provided, so don't email or fax your application.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Building Professionals Board
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- credit card (MasterCard or Visa), or
- money orders.