COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size


If your heavy vehicle doesn't comply with mass, dimension or operating requirements set out in a gazette notice, you'll need to apply for a Class 3 (Miscellaneous) access permit through the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR). You may also require a Class 3 permit if you're operating under a jurisdictional permit-based scheme.

The NHVR permit applies to travel throughout Australia, with the exception of Western Australia and the Northern Territory, where you'll need to apply directly to the relevant state or territory road transport authority.

For the most up-to-date information on how to apply for a Class 3 (Miscellaneous) vehicle access permit, visit the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website. 

You'll be taken to another website.