Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses

COVID-19 information

As part of the NSW Government’s economic stimulus package, licence fees have been waived on new applications and renewals lodged between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021.


A club liquor licence allows a registered club to sell alcohol to its members and their guests, for consumption on and off the premises. The licence also allows the operation of gaming machines, subject to separate approval. You can apply for a club licence online.


To be eligible for a club licence, you must be:

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Liquor & Gaming NSW.

What you need

  • a floor plan showing the boundaries proposed for the licensed area
  • details of the premises owner
  • details of the organisation
  • ABN, ACN or Y/INC
  • the names and birthdates of all directors and officeholders
  • details of an appointment of manager notice
  • a copy of your development approval or consent (if applicable)
  • Category B Community Impact Statement (CIS) completed at least 30 days prior to lodging this application
  • a copy of the club's constitution
  • a current Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) extract
  • a copy of the Site Notice prominently displayed at the proposed licenced premises until you hear the outcome of your application
  • a copy of the Site Notice provided to the occupiers of any building or land within 100 metres of the proposed premises
  • your payment.

How to apply

  1. Check the eligibility requirements.
  2. Ensure you have gathered the required documents.
  3. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  4. Register or sign in to OneGov.
  5. Complete the online application form.
  6. Upload and attach your supporting documents.
  7. Enter your payment details.
  8. Read and confirm the declaration.
  9. Submit your application.
  10. Display and circulate your Public Consultation – Site Notice as prescribed.

More information

  • If you're applying for your club liquor licence using the paper application form, you'll need to provide the nearest police station with your Police Notice, and the local council with your Local Consent Authority Notice. These Notices must be lodged either immediately before, or within 2 working days (not including Saturday or Sunday) of submitting your application. These notifications happen automatically when you apply online.
  • A club with a club liquor licence is referred to as a 'registered club'.
  • Most clubs that existed as at 30 June 2008 have unrestricted trading hours.
  • Newly licensed registered clubs are subject to the standard trading period of 5:00am to midnight Monday to Saturday, and 10:00am to 10:00pm on Sunday.
  • Applications for extended trading hours are subject to a Community Impact Statement (CIS)

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

You'll be taken to another website.