NSW/Victoria border opening
12.01am 23 November
The Public Health (COVID-19 Border Control) Order (No 2) 2020 is now repealed. As a result there are no longer border restrictions between NSW and Victoria.
- permits to enter NSW are not required
- anyone who had a permit no longer needs to comply with any condition of the permit (such as self-isolation)
- NSW residents returning from Victoria or ‘Victorian education visitors’ do not have to quarantine when they arrive in NSW
- anyone who is in quarantine as a result of having been in Victoria in the 14 days prior to their arrival in NSW, can leave quarantine after 12.01am 23 November
- anyone returning from Victoria who was subject to an exemption under the Border Control Order or Air Transportation Quarantine Order, no longer needs to comply with any condition of that exemption (such as self-isolation).
Note: The Public Health (COVID-19 Self-Isolation) Order (No 4) 2020 – PDF will continue to place restrictions on people who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and close contacts of people diagnosed with COVID-19.
NSW/South Australia border
For travellers wishing to enter NSW from South Australia, please visit Complete a NSW entry declaration form.