A Device AUSkey identifies a business rather than a person and may be suitable if you need to lodge reports to government agencies through Standard Business Reporting (SBR)-enabled software.
With the exception of the nominated 'custodian' for the Device AUSkey, users do not have to obtain their own AUSkey as the Device AUSkey is usually installed on a server by the custodian.
If you'd like to apply for a Device AUSkey, you can do this online.
If you're an AUSkey Administrator you can register for a Device AUSkey.
What you need
- your AUSkey Administrator account login
- the IP address or name of the server where the AUSkey will be installed
- the email address of your nominated 'custodian' (the main contact, and person responsible for installing the Device AUSkey)
- a compatible operating system and browser
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Once the application has been submitted, the custodian will receive an email containing a link to download and install the Device AUSkey.
- If your SBR-enabled software or server doesn’t support automatic renewal, your Device AUSkey will expire after two years. If you're not sure if your software/server supports automatic renewal, an AUSkey Administrator should register for a new Device AUSkey within two years.
- A Device AUSkey can be installed:
- directly onto a server that is connected to the internet, or
- on a computer and later transferred to the appropriate server.