Dine & Discover NSW encourages the community to get out and about and support dining, arts and tourism businesses.
Eligible residents can apply for four $25 vouchers, worth $100 in total. Vouchers can be used at participating NSW businesses that are registered as COVID Safe.
Test and pilot
Before Dine & Discover NSW opens up across the state, the scheme will be tested with a small number of participants at The Rocks and Broken Hill in early February and then piloted with a larger group in Sydney CBD, Northern Beaches and Bega Valley from late February.
Service NSW will invite customers in these areas to participate and businesses that successfully register will automatically take part.
- The test and pilot will allow us to test participation and resolve any issues ahead of the full state rollout in March.
To be eligible to apply for vouchers during the test and pilot period, you must:
- live in one of the following areas:
- postcode 2000 or 2880
- Bega Valley Shire Council LGA
- Northern Beaches Council LGA.
- be aged 18 years or over
- be willing to use your vouchers at participating businesses during the test and pilot period.
- Dine NSW Vouchers are for dining in at a restaurant, café, bar, winery, pub or club. You can use the vouchers from Monday to Thursday (excluding public holidays).
- Discover NSW Vouchers are for entertainment and recreation including cultural institutions, live music and arts venues. You can use the vouchers any day of the week (excluding public holidays).
- Each voucher can only be used:
- once (if the bill is less than $25, the remaining balance cannot be used)
- with participating businesses
- on or before the expiry date.
- Each voucher cannot be:
- redeemed for cash
- used for takeaway meals, alcohol, tobacco, gambling or online orders.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- 2 proof of identity documents such as an Australian driver licence, Medicare card, Australian passport.
Important: the names must match on your documents
- a mobile device (iOS or Android) to download the Service NSW app and use the vouchers.
How to apply
- Select ‘Apply online’.
- Log in or sign up for a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the vouchers.
If you are successful, you'll:
- find the four $25 vouchers under the ‘Vouchers’ section of the Service NSW App within an hour
- receive an email from Service NSW with the vouchers available to download and print.
To use the voucher
- Choose a participating business where you'll use the voucher.
- Log in to the Service NSW App on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select ‘Vouchers’.
- Select the valid voucher you wish to use.
- Present the voucher QR code for the business to scan at payment.
- Your device will show the voucher as being used.
If you do not have a smartphone or tablet, you can choose to download and print the vouchers instead.
Both printed and digital options can be scanned by participating businesses.
- Vouchers not redeemed during the test and pilot can be used when the scheme rolls out across the state from March.
- Vouchers will be valid until 30 June 2021.