If your driving instructor's licence was cancelled or suspended, you can apply to have the licence reissued once the cancellation period has ended. You can begin the process by lodging your application form and supporting documents at a service centre.
What you'll need
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Download and complete the Notice for Registration of Equivalent Occupation Driving Instructor's Licence – PDF.
- Make sure you have all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
- the suspension or cancellation period of your driving instructor's licence must have ended
- you must hold a current Australian driver licence
- you must have a current WWCC number.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.
Things to keep in mind...
- When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost, generally within 5 working days.
- If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 days, contact Roads and Maritime Services on 13 22 13.
- Renewal notices are mailed generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date giving you plenty of time to plan ahead and renew early.
- For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Roads and Maritime Services website.