The drought assistance fund provides interest-free loans to primary producers.
Its purpose is to help farmers put systems and management practices into place that will boost the sustainability of their farms.
The loan amount is $50,000 and can be used to fund:
- the transport of stock, fodder and water
- genetic banking of breeding herds
- installation of on-farm fodder and water infrastructure
- activities that promote profitability and resilience as a result of the on-farm investment.
The loan term is 7 years, with no repayments for the first 2 years.
Farming businesses that have been negatively impacted by drought conditions.
What you need
- your most recent Local Land Service (LLS) rates notice
- proof of income including:
- most recent taxation returns for your farm business
- individual taxation returns and a current listing of all assets and liabilities for each:
- individual director(s)/shareholder(s) of all companies
- individual members of a partnership/family trust.
- your monthly cash flow budget for the next 12 months
- your bank account details.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload the required documentation.
If you're unable to apply online:
- Download and complete Drought assistance fund application form – DOC
- Gather all the required documentation.
- Lodge your application using the details on the form.