The water infrastructure rebate is available to eligible farmers in NSW who purchase and install emergency water infrastructure for their livestock. It covers 25% of the cost of purchase, delivery and installation of:
- water storages and water pumps
- de-silting dams
- power supplies such as generators.
The rebate can be applied to costs incurred from 1 July 2018.
The maximum that can be claimed is $25,000 per farm business.
Applications close 30 June 2021 or when the funding allocation ($12 million) is exhausted, whichever occurs first.
- your property has, or is at risk of, an emergency animal welfare need
- you do not have gross off-farm assets exceeding $5,000,000.
What you need
- Water availability statement – DOC
- most recent Local Land Service (LLS) rates notice
- proof of expenditure such as tax invoice(s)
- latest land and stock return
- proof of income including:
- most recent taxation returns for your farm business
- individual taxation returns for each:
- individual director(s)/shareholder(s) of all companies
- individual members of a partnership/family trust.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete and upload the Water availability statement – DOC.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload the required documentation.
If you're unable to apply online:
- Download and complete Emergency water infrastructure rebate application form – DOC
- Gather all the required documentation.
- Lodge your application using the details on the form.