A Companion Card is for people with a significant and permanent disability. When a cardholder buys a ticket at selected venues and facilities around NSW, their carer or companion will be given a second ticket at no charge.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and would like to apply for a Companion Card, complete the application form and mail it to the Companion Card Program.
You're eligible if the following apply:
- you're an Australian citizen or resident and live in NSW
- you have a severe or profound disability
- you're unable to participate at most community venues or activities without significant assistance with mobility, communication, self-care and planning
- the use of aids and other technologies don't meet your needs
- your need for this level of support will be lifelong.
What you need
- your personal details
- the PDF form – 'Cardholder Application Form'
- a passport size colour photo as indicated on the form – JPG file only
- your health professional to complete 'item 5' of the application form
- supporting documentation (if applicable).
How to apply
- Read the Companion Card terms and conditions.
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete the form.
- Upload your photo and any supporting documentation.
- Email your application to the address on the form.
- Companion Cards cannot be issued if there is a chance that you may become independent in the future as a result of treatment/management, training, recovery or developmental improvements.
- If you're unable to complete the application form yourself another person can complete it on your behalf.
- Companion Cards are issued in your name and you choose your carer or companion in each instance.
- When booking or buying tickets from an affiliate be sure to show them the Companion Card.
- If booking over the phone be sure to tell the operator you have a Companion Card before you pay, and show your card once you get to the venue.
- A list of venues and events where you can use your Companion Card is available on the Companion Card website.
- If your Companion Card has been lost, stolen, damaged, or your name or photo needs updating, you can request a replacement card by calling 1800 893 044 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.