As a NSW permanent resident aged 60 or over, you can apply for either a NSW Seniors Card or Senior Savers Card.
Both cards are free and give you discounts and special offers at thousands of businesses across NSW including shops, restaurants and professional services. Many interstate businesses also provide discounts on request.
The NSW Seniors Card gives you access to the Gold Opal Card transport concessions and public transport concessions Australia-wide. The NSW Senior Savers Card does not offer this benefit.
You can apply online, in person or by phone.
For more information on these cards, visit the Seniors Card website.
You must be:
- aged 60 or over, or will be turning 60 within 3 weeks
- living in NSW
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- not working at all or averaging 20 hours or less a week of paid work across a 12-month period (if applying for a NSW Seniors Card)
- averaging more than 20 hours a week of paid work across a 12-month period (if applying for a NSW Senior Savers Card).
Note: If you reduce your paid employment to 20 hours a week or less (averaged over 12 months), or you retire completely, you can convert your Senior Savers Card to a Seniors Card.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- you can create one when you start your application
- an email address (to create your account)
- 2 proof of identity documents – one document must prove your Australian citizenship or permanent resident status
- your postal address details
- your date of birth.
- You don't need a MyServiceNSW Account or email address if you apply by phone.
- If you’re unable to supply proof of identity documents, call 13 77 88 for assistance.
Proof of identity
Two proof of identity documents are required. They may include:
- Australian driver licence
- Medicare card (green card only)
- Australian passport
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian certificate of registration by descent
- Health Care Card or Seniors Health Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veteran Gold Card
- Veteran Pensioner Concession Card
- Veteran Seniors Health Card.
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Complete and submit the online form.
When your application is processed, you'll receive an email confirmation with your card number. The card will arrive by post in about 21 days.
Note: If you're unable to apply online or have questions about your application, call us on 13 77 88.
If you wish, you can get a digital version of the Seniors/Senior Savers Card through the Service NSW app, after you apply for your physical card. You’ll be able to use both your digital and physical card at participating businesses.
If you already have a Seniors/Senior Savers Card, you can get your digital card at anytime.
For more information, refer to Get a digital NSW Seniors Card or NSW Senior Savers Card.