If you're a student undertaking Smart and Skilled training in selected qualifications related to science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM), you may be eligible for a $1000 Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship.
From 2016 to 2019, the NSW government is awarding 25,000 scholarships worth $1000 each to students undertaking eligible qualifications.
For more information about Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarships, visit the Smart and Skilled website
What you'll need
To apply for a Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship, you'll need:
- your Commitment ID (this can be found on the notification of enrolment document given to you by your training provider), and
- a MyServiceNSW Account.
To verify your identity and finish your application, you'll need to use one of 10 ID documents:
- Australian driver licence
- Australian passport
- Australian visa
- Australian Medicare Card
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Australian Marriage Certificate
- Australian Change of Name Certificate
- Australian Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Australian ImmiCard.
How to apply
- Select 'Apply online'
- Log in to, or sign up for, a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Complete the online application for a scholarship.
- Select 'Apply' to submit your application.
- Complete the identity check form.
- Select 'Submit' to complete the identity check and finish your application.
- You'll be notified on screen, and by email or SMS, if your application is successful and advised of the next steps.
- After lodging your application, you can submit your Australian bank account details for payment of an awarded scholarship.
- Select 'Finish' to exit.
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be 15 years old or over
- no longer be at school
- be living or working in NSW
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident, or Australian humanitarian visa holder
- have enrolled in a qualification that's eligible for a Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship with an approved Smart and Skilled training provider.
- commence training on or after 1 January 2016, and
- have not already received a Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship.
Things to keep in mind...
- If your student or personal details change, you can update your Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship application online.
- You can submit your bank account details when you first apply or update your Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarship application online at another time.
- If you're selected to receive a scholarship you'll be paid $500 after your training provider has confirmed you've commenced training. It may take up to 8 weeks for training providers to notify us that your training has started.
- You'll be paid the final instalment of $500 after your training provider has confirmed that you've completed your training. It may take up to 8 weeks for training providers to notify us that you've completed your training. If you don't complete the training, you won't receive the final scholarship payment.
- You can only receive one scholarship between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2019.
- Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- If you're successful in receiving a scholarship, you're encouraged to engage with Jobs of Tomorrow industry partners during your training. Visit the Smart and Skilled website to learn more about mentoring, networking and work placement opportunities through industry partnerships.
- You may need to contact your training provider for information about your enrolment status or your training course.
- For more information about Jobs of Tomorrow Scholarships, visit the Smart and Skilled website