If you are a music education or overnight excursion provider to NSW schools and you experienced financial hardship due to the NSW Government COVID-safe settings for schools after 8 November 2021, you may be eligible for a music and overnight camp provider support payment of up to $30,000.
Eligible businesses will receive a one-off payment equal to 40% of their decline in turnover in November and December of Term 4 2021, compared to the same period in Term 4 2020 or Term 4 2019.
Applications close 8 September 2022.
To be eligible for this payment, you must be a business, not-for-profit organisation or registered charity, and:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered on or before 1 June 2021, and be:
- registered in NSW, or
- able to demonstrate your business is physically located and primarily operating in NSW
- provide music education that was unable to proceed due to restrictions on instruments that rely on breath, singing or chanting (including ensembles and bands, where relevant) and/or provide overnight excursions, including camps, to NSW schools
- have total Australian wages up to $10 million as of 1 July 2020
- have an annual turnover of more than $30,000 for the year ending 30 June 2020
- have experienced financial hardship due to the NSW Government COVID-safe settings in schools after 8 November 2021
- declare that at least 50% of your income in either Term 4 2020 or Term 4 2019 was derived from business with or at a school in NSW impacted by the NSW Government COVID-safe settings for schools
- have experienced a 40% decline in turnover in November and December of Term 4 2021, compared to the same period in Term 4 2020 or Term 4 2019, due to the NSW Government COVID-safe settings for schools.
- Only one payment is available for each ABN.
- Sole traders are eligible for this payment.
- Not-for-profit organisations that do not operate with an ABN may be eligible. Please call 13 77 88 and ask to speak with a Business Concierge.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application
- your proof of identity
- your valid ABN/ACN details
- your business banking details for payment
- business activity statements (BAS), income tax returns, financial statements or sales reports for the 2019–20 financial year, with tax file number concealed
- rates notices, lease agreements or utility bills, for your primary operating address (not a PO box), showing your business was operating on 1 June 2021
- monthly financial statements or sales reports for November and December 2021 and November and December 2019 or 2020
- a letter from a qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent certifying that your business:
- experienced a 40% decline in turnover in November and December of Term 4 2021, compared to the same period in 2020 or 2019, and
- is reliant on the NSW school sector, by declaring:
- revenue from the NSW school sector in Term 4 2019 or Term 4 2020 as a percentage of your total revenue, or
- at least 50% of your income in Term 4 2019 or Term 4 2020 came from business with or at a school in NSW impacted by the NSW Government COVID-safe settings for schools
- evidence that your services involve music education and/or overnight excursions, including camps, such as:
- a signed contract or other written agreement
- memorandum of understanding
- purchase orders
- proof of payment or remittance advice.
You'll also need to declare that your business was impacted by the NSW Government COVID-safe settings for schools in place from 8 November 2021.
A qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent may apply on behalf of your business. Your accountant will need to provide a letter of authority from you, showing that they are authorised to act on behalf of your business if they are not listed as an associate on the Australian Business Register.
You may be audited in the future, so you'll need to keep all documentary evidence related to your application and assistance provided under the scheme for 5 years after you have spent the funds.
Proof of identity
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Have your documentation and evidence ready for uploading.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
Note: You can save and resume your application, but if you have not submitted it within 7 days, any details you've entered will be deleted.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for a music and overnight camp provider support payment.
When you submit your application, you'll receive a confirmation email with an application reference number. If you do not receive this email within 5 minutes after completing your application, please check your junk mail folder. If you are still unable to locate the confirmation email, please call 13 77 88.
Service NSW will review your application and contact you if we need additional information to support your application.
If your application is approved, we'll transfer funds to your specified bank account within 10 business days from the approval date.
If you're not able to apply online, please call 13 77 88.