If you want to hunt deer and other game animals on private property in NSW with the intention of selling the harvested meat, you'll need a general commercial game hunting licence (G-commercial). You can apply for this licence online.

What you'll need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your residential/postal details
  • your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
  • your firearms licence number
  • your vehicle details
  • your dog details (if applicable) 
  • your method of payment
  • your concession details (if applicable).

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Complete the online form.
  3. Upload your supporting documents.
  4. Enter your payment details.
  5. Select 'Submit'.

Who's eligible?

To be eligible for a G-commercial licence, you must:

  • be over 18 years of age
  • hold a firearms licence.

To make sure that you have all the information you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Department of Primary Industries.

Things to keep in mind...

  • Commercial game hunting licences do not include public liability insurance cover. Any insurance is the responsibility of the licence holder.
  • The G-commercial licence entitles you to hunt on private land only, and you need to get permission from the landholder prior to hunting.
  • Once your application is processed, you'll be provided a vehicle identification sticker. This sticker must be displayed on your vehicle at all times.
  • You'll be provided with quarterly harvest return forms that must be returned when due. Returns must include details of the harvested animals, the location you harvested them from, and details of the person or organisation you sold the harvested animals to.
  • A condition of holding a game hunting licence is compliance with the regulations.
  • Licences can be from 1 to 5 years duration.
  • Concession rates apply for eligible pensioners.
You'll be taken to another website.