Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you want to hunt game and feral animals on public and/or private land with the intention of selling the harvested meat, you'll need a restricted commercial game hunting licence (R-commercial licence). You can apply for this licence online.


To be eligible for an R-commercial licence you must:

  • be over 18 years of age
  • hold a firearms licence
  • have obtained written permission to hunt from the manager of the public land
  • be a member of an AHO
  • be accredited in one or more of the R-licence categories (firearms, bows, dogs or blackpowder firearms).

To make sure that you have all the information you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Department of Primary Industries.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your residential/postal details
  • a copy of your R-licence accreditation form (provided by your facilitator)
  • evidence of your Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO) membership
  • your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
  • your firearms licence number
  • your vehicle details
  • your dog details (if applicable) 
  • a copy of your written permission to hunt and commercially harvest on public land
  • your concession details (if applicable)
  • your method of payment.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Complete the online form.
  3. Upload your supporting documents.
  4. Enter your payment details.
  5. Select 'Submit'.

More information

  • Commercial game hunting licences do not include public liability insurance cover. Any insurance is the responsibility of the licence holder.
  • Once your application is processed, you'll be provided a vehicle identification sticker. This sticker must be displayed on your vehicle at all times.
  • You'll be provided with quarterly harvest return forms that must be returned when due. Returns must include details of the harvested animals, the location you harvested them from, and details of the person or organisation you sold the harvested animals to.
  • If you're hunting on private property, you'll need to get permission from the landholder prior to hunting.
  • When hunting on declared public land, you must:
    • carry an operational Global Positioning System (GPS) enabled device at all times. State forest downloads must be uploaded to the GPS device
    • have completed 2 online education modules covering outdoor navigation and hunting written permission conditions.
  • A condition of holding a game hunting licence is compliance with the regulations.
  • Licences can be from 1 to 5 years duration.
  • Concession rates apply for eligible pensioners.
You'll be taken to another website.