If you'd like to act as a guide for people wanting to hunt for game or feral animals on declared public land in NSW, you'll need a restricted guide game hunting licence (R-guide). You can apply for this licence online.
To be eligible for a NSW R-guide licence you must:
- be 18 years or older
- hold a firearms licence
- be a member of an Approved Hunting Organisation
- be accredited in at least one R-licence category
- have a current Safari Tour Permit from the NSW Police Force Firearms Registry.
To make sure that you have all the information you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Department of Primary Industries.
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- your residential/postal details
- a copy of your completed R-licence accreditation form
- your firearms licence number
- a copy of your approved professional hunting organisation (APHO) membership card or certificate
- your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
- your concession details (if applicable).
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload any supporting documents.
- Enter your payment details.
- Select 'Submit'.
- Game hunting licences being used for guiding others don't include public liability insurance cover. Any insurance is the responsibility of the licence holder.
When guiding others, you must:
- carry a firearm on all guided hunts for the purpose of animal welfare
- ensure that relevant sections of the Game and Feral Animal Control Act 2002 and its associated Regulation 2012 are understood before undertaking any hunting or guiding under licence
- adhere to the Hunters' Code of Practice and abide by related legislation
- ensure that all clients comply with the relevant legislation and hold a current R-licence when hunting deer and other game animals on public land
- ensure that both you and those you're guiding, carry written permission to hunt at all times
- keep a log book recording your hunting guide activities.