If you're visiting from overseas and want to hunt game and other feral animals in NSW on declared public land, you'll need a restricted visitor's game hunting licence (R-visitor's).
You can apply for this licence online.
To be eligible for a NSW R-visitor's licence you must:
- be a member of an Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO)
- be accredited in one or more of the R-licence categories (firearms, bows, dogs or blackpowder firearms)
- while hunting, be accompanied at all times by one of the following licence holders:
- a Restricted game hunting licence (R-licence)
- a Restricted guide game hunting licence (R-guide).
- have been issued with an Overseas Visitors Safari Tour/Hunting Permit from the NSW Firearms Registry
- only hunt in:
- a specified organised safari with a guide who has been granted a Safari Tour Permit, or
- activities organised by a hunting club approved by the Firearms Registry.
What you need
- your personal details
- your residential/postal details
- your contact details while in Australia
- proof of junior concession (if applicable)
- Parent/legal guardian consent form – PDF (if under 18 years of age)
- a copy of your R-licence accreditation form (provided by your facilitator)
- evidence of your Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO) membership
- your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
- your hunting guide's R-licence/R-guide licence number
- your hunting guide's contact details
- a valid Overseas Visitors Safari Tour/Hunting Permit from the NSW Police Force Firearms Registry
- a current credit card for your payment.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload any supporting documentation.
- Enter your payment details.
- Select 'Submit'.
If you're not able to apply online:
- Download and complete Application for a NSW restricted (visitor’s) game hunting licence – PDF.
- Submit your application with payment by email, mail or fax, to the details on the form.
- An R-visitor's licence allows you to hunt game animals on declared public land, and private land with the landowner's permission.
- You must be in the company of your guide at all times.
- R-visitor's licences are only issued for a period of 1 year.
- If you're only intending to hunt on private land with the landowner's consent, you can Apply for a NSW general (visitor's) game hunting licence
- Supporting documentation can be .doc, .jpg, or .pdf files.