Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you're visiting from overseas and want to hunt game and other feral animals in NSW on declared public land, you'll need a restricted visitor's game hunting licence (R-visitor's).

You can apply for this licence online.


To be eligible for a NSW R-visitor's licence you must:

  • be a member of an Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO)
  • be accredited in one or more of the R-licence categories (firearms, bows, dogs or blackpowder firearms)
  • while hunting, be accompanied at all times by one of the following licence holders:
    • a Restricted game hunting licence (R-licence)
    • a Restricted guide game hunting licence (R-guide).
  • have been issued with an Overseas Visitors Safari Tour/Hunting Permit from the NSW Firearms Registry
  • only hunt in:
    • a specified organised safari with a guide who has been granted a Safari Tour Permit, or
    • activities organised by a hunting club approved by the Firearms Registry.

What you need

  • your personal details
  • your residential/postal details
  • your contact details while in Australia
  • proof of junior concession (if applicable)
  • Parent/legal guardian consent form – PDF (if under 18 years of age)
  • a copy of your R-licence accreditation form (provided by your facilitator)
  • evidence of your Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO) membership
  • your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
  • your hunting guide's R-licence/R-guide licence number
  • your hunting guide's contact details
  • a valid Overseas Visitors Safari Tour/Hunting Permit from the NSW Police Force Firearms Registry
  • a current credit card for your payment.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Complete the online form.
  3. Upload any supporting documentation.
  4. Enter your payment details.
  5. Select 'Submit'.

If you're not able to apply online:

  1. Download and complete Application for a NSW restricted (visitor’s) game hunting licence – PDF.
  2. Submit your application with payment by email, mail or fax, to the details on the form.

More information

  • An R-visitor's licence allows you to hunt game animals on declared public land, and private land with the landowner's permission.
  • You must be in the company of your guide at all times.
  • R-visitor's licences are only issued for a period of 1 year.
  • If you're only intending to hunt on private land with the landowner's consent, you can Apply for a NSW general (visitor's) game hunting licence
  • Supporting documentation can be .doc, .jpg, or .pdf files.
You'll be taken to another website.