If your Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) doesn't comply with the mass, dimension or operating requirements set out in a gazette notice, you'll need to apply for a Class 1 Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) access permit through the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR). 

Requirements are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information on how to apply, visit the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website. 

You'll be taken to another website.