An AUSkey is a unique secure login linked to an Australian business number (ABN) which allows the Australian Government to identify you and the business you're representing. You'll need an AUSkey if you ever need to conduct transactions for a business you represent such as:
- updating the details of an ABN
- conducting transactions via the BAS Agent Portal, or Business Portal.
A standard AUSkey will also allow you to:
- manage your own AUSkey
- obtain additional AUSkeys to use on other computers
- manage a Device AUSkey if you are the custodian.
If you'd like to apply for a standard AUSkey you can do this online.
Anyone can register for a standard AUSkey providing they know the email address of the AUSkey Administrator.
An email will be sent to the AUSkey Administrator requesting their approval. It is the AUSkey Administrator who will determine if you are suitable to represent the business.
What you need
- your personal details
- the email address of your AUSkey Administrator for the business you are representing
- your email address
- a compatible operating system and browser
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Once you've submitted your application, print or write down the activation code and reference number provided, then
- Finalise the set up of your AUSkey, using the instructions sent to you via email.
- If you are applying for a standard AUSkey, an email will be sent to your AUSkey administrator requesting them to approve your application for an AUSkey. When approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the AUSkey set up.
- To complete the set up you will need to know the activation code that was provided to you at the end of the online application process.