All visitors to the State Library of NSW can use the computers, read the newspapers and magazines, and get general help from staff.
To borrow and request books and other material, use e-resources, or book a study room, you'll need to apply for a free State Library card.
You can apply for this card online.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit State Library of NSW.
What you need
- your personal details
- your date of birth
- your residential and postal address
- your contact details.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Enter your personal, address and contact details.
- Select whether you'd like to receive your library card by post or collect it at the library.
- Read the Client Code of Conduct
- Read the Conditions for Accessing e-resources
- Select 'I agree'.