Text size


If you live in a strata-titled property, and have been unable to resolve a dispute through mediation, you can apply for the matter to be heard by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).


  • in the majority of cases you must have already tried to settle the dispute through mediation.

Disputes that NCAT can rule on without requiring mediation include:

  • appointment of a compulsory strata managing agent
  • allocation of unit entitlements
  • access to a lot by an owners corporation to inspect or repair common property
  • penalty disputes
  • access to strata records.

What you need

  • your personal details
  • the order/s you want made (as detailed on the form)
  • documents and information related to your dispute
  • the legal name and contact details of the person or organisation you're claiming against (respondent)
  • a current business name or company extract from ASIC (if applicable)
  • proof of mediation, which is usually the letter the mediator has given you
  • your concession card details (if applicable)
  • your payment
  • the PDF form – 'Strata application'.

How to apply

  1. Download and complete Strata application – PDF.
  2. Gather your supporting documentation.
  3. Lodge your application with payment at a service centre.

More information

  • if you're unsure of which order/s to select, contact Fair Trading
  • after lodging your application you can expect a hearing within 4 to 6 weeks.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 24 March 2022