To run 2 or more free-entry competitions, such as sweeps, giveaways or contests to promote your business, you'll need a trade promotion lottery permit (multiple lottery). Your permit will cover competitions held over 12 months.
You can apply and pay for this permit online.
For your competition to be eligible it must:
- have free entry
- be a competition based on chance, not skill
- genuinely promote the goods or services of your business
- take place within the 12 month period nominated.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.
What you need
- an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- a clear description of the competition you're organising
- to nominate a 12-month period that the permit will be valid for
- to specify a dollar value of the prizes you're giving away.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Sign in or create a OneGov account.
- Complete the online application form.
- Pay a fee using your payment details (fees vary according to the value of the prizes).
- Read and confirm the declaration.