To run 2 or more free-entry competitions, such as sweeps, giveaways or contests to promote your business, you'll need a trade promotion lottery permit (multiple lottery). Your permit will cover competitions held over 12 months.
You can apply and pay for this permit online.
What you'll need
- an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- a clear description of the competition you're organising
- to nominate a 12-month period that the permit will be valid for
- to specify a dollar value of the prizes you're giving away.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Sign in or create a OneGov account.
- Complete the online application form.
- Pay a fee using your payment details (fees vary according to the value of the prizes).
- Read and confirm the declaration.
For your competition to be eligible it must:
- have free entry
- be a competition based on chance, not skill
- genuinely promote the goods or services of your business
- take place within the 12 month period nominated.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.