If you currently hold a general game hunting licence (G-licence) and you want to hunt for game or feral animals on declared public land, you'll need to upgrade to a restricted game hunting licence (R-licence).
To be eligible for an R-licence you must:
- be a member of an Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO)
- be accredited in one or more of the following R-licence categories:
- firearms (rifles and shotguns)
- firearms (blackpowder)
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- your residential/postal details
- a copy of your hunter accreditation form (provided by your facilitator)
- evidence of your Approved Hunting Organisation (AHO) membership
- your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
- parental/guardian consent (if under 18 years of age)
- your payment (as indicated on the form)
- the PDF form – 'Application for a NSW Restricted Game Hunting Licence (Upgrade or Add Categories)'.
How to apply
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete the form.
- Attach any supporting documents.
- Sign the declaration.
- Submit your application with payment by mail, email or fax, to the details on the form.
A condition of holding a game hunting licence is compliance with the regulations.