To apply to register a vehicle as the carer or guardian on behalf of the registered operator, you'll need to visit a service centre.Find a service centre
Apply for a vehicle registration as the carer or guardian of the registered operator
- personal details of registered operator
- proof of identity of carer/guardian
- customer number for the carer/guardian (this can be set up at a service centre)
- proof of acquisition in the name of the registered operator
- a pensioner concession card in the name of the registered operator
- proof of carer or guardian status (court order, Power of Attorney or Statutory Declaration)
- an unregistered vehicle inspection report (if applicable)
- proof of Compulsory Third Party insurance
- the PDF form – 'Application for Registration' in the applicant's name (the carer/guardian).
For online transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).
For phone transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.