To apply to register a vehicle as a carer or guardian on behalf of the registered operator, you'll need to visit a service centre with the required documentation.Locate a service centre
Apply for a Vehicle Registration as Carer or Guardian of Registered Operator
- Personal details of registered operator
- Proof of identity of carer/guardian
- The Application for Registration form in the applicant's name (the carer/guardian)
- Customer number for the carer/guardian (this can be set up at a service centre)
- Proof of acquisition in the name of the registered operator
- A pensioner concession card in the name of the registered operator
- Proof of carer or guardian status (court order, Power of Attorney or Statutory Declaration)
- An unregistered vehicle inspection report (if applicable)
- Proof of Compulsory Third Party insurance
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.